Realigning Your SEO Strategy When Business Needs Change
Posted by Royh
Working as an SEO, it’s crucial that you’re ready to embrace changes in the SEO landscape, keep your finger on the pulse of Google’s updates, integrate and evaluate changes through on-site and off-site testing, build outreach campaigns, and all the other required tasks we love so much.
Implementing all of this successfully, though, is easier said than done. How exactly can you make sure that you’re focusing on quality traffic? And how do you even know that this traffic will help your brand grow? In this blog post, I’m going to show you how to pivot your SEO strategy according to the business’ needs.
1. Align your SEO strategy with the business strategy
SimilarWeb, the company I work for, decided to change their go-to-market strategy. Instead of targeting their current audience, their new vision was to target their enterprise audience.
This meant that, instead of targeting a broad audience, the goal is now a specific audience — complete with higher competition and less volume. In other words, it’s quality vs. quantity.
Thus, because our SEO efforts will now be focused on targeting those enterprise users, I need to adjust our SEO strategy accordingly to achieve the required conversions.
2. Work with the strategy/product marketing manager in your organization
Working closely with the product manager will help you generate a list of action items that need to be evaluated to better understand your organization’s long-term goals. Ideally, you should be concentrating on driving factors such as the vision of your company, the competitive landscape, the targeted audience, etc.
In particular, you should focus your marketing energy on researching and analyzing a few different things:
- Geo – Understand which countries and languages are the most valuable to the product. This can be determined by analyzing the amount of sales, leads, and revenue potential.
- Industries – The second step will be to define which industries you should focus on; it can be any industry, from e-commerce to insurance and beyond.
- Audience/persona – Drill deep down into the marketplace to discover who your target audience is and exactly what it is they’re looking for.
- Come up with a list of keyword groups/themes that you would like to target.
- Update your knowledge of your competitors, and build a new competitive intelligence report that …
You can read the full article at Moz Bloghttp://seopti.com/realigning-your-seo-strategy-when-business-needs-change/http://seopti.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/moz-logo.pnghttp://seopti.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/moz-logo.pngSEOMOZPosted by RoyhWorking as an SEO, it’s crucial that you’re ready to embrace changes in the SEO landscape, keep your finger on the pulse of Google's updates, integrate and evaluate changes through on-site and off-site testing, build outreach campaigns, and all the other required tasks we love so much.Implementing...firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorSEOPTI